Events featuring Medic Against Bomb typically include a 10-20 minute multimedia performance (projected images, poetry, and music) followed by a discussion of how communities can use the arts, and exposure to nature, to re-integrate and heal Wounded Warriors and Veterans. Contact Fred Foote at Fred.Foote@comcast.net to schedule an event for your bookstore, book club, or Veterans or community organization.
Medic Against Bomb Upcoming Events, January- June, 2017
BALTIMORE, MD, SUN JAN 15, 2017, 2- 4 p.m. Reading and book signing, Writers Resist (Baltimore), EMP Collective, 307 W. Baltimore St.
BETHESDA, MD, WED FEB 22, 8.30-11.30 a.m. Reading and discussion, “The Arts and Identity” , Uniformed Services University (USUHS), Naval Support Activity Bethesda (Room TBA).
BETHESDA, MD, WED MAR 1, 8.30-11.30 a.m. Reading and discussion, “The Arts and Identity (Session 2)” , Uniformed Services University (USUHS), Naval Support Activity Bethesda (Room TBA).
GREENVILLE, NC, TUES-FRI MAR 14-17. Poetry and photographic exhibition and reading, annual Veterans Writing Conference, English Dept.,East Carolina University (Rooms TBA).
BETHESDA, MD, SUN- SAT MAY 7-12. Readings and group arts engagements, “Arts on the Green Road for Nurses’ Week” for Walter Reed hospital nursing staff. Green Road Site, Naval Support Activity Bethesda (times TBA).
BRISTOL, ENGLAND, SUN- WED JUNE 18-21. Keynote lecture and reading, Culture, Health, and Wellbeing 2017, University of Exeter (times and locations TBA).
Medic Against Bomb Events, August-December, 2016
WASHINGTON, DC, WED AUG 3, 6-8 p.m. Open reading and book signing. Smithsonian “Food in the Garden” event, Smithsonian Museum of American History, Constitution Ave. NW.
BETHESDA, MD, THURS AUG 25, 11- 12 a.m. “The Green Road Project: Healing via Art and Nature for Wounded Warriors”. Reading and multimedia webinar, https://web.telspan.com/go/chdi/web25august2016.
WASHINGTON, DC, TUES AUG 30, 6- 8 p.m. Reading, multimedia presentation and fundraiser, The Sequoia Restaurant, 3000 K. St, NW (invitational event).
BETHESDA, MD, SAT SEPT 17, 10- 12 a.m. Reading and book signing, Green Road Volunteer Saturday, Green Road Site, Naval Support Activity Bethesda.
BETHESDA, MD, SAT SEPT 24, 10-12 a.m. Reading and book signing, Green Road Volunteer Saturday, Green Road Site, Naval Support Activity Bethesda.
BETHESDA, MD, MON 26 SEPT, 11-12 a.m. Green Road opening followed by arts program and reception, Green Road Site and USO Family/ Community Center, Naval Support Activity Bethesda.
BALTIMORE, MD, WED NOV 9, 6-8 p.m.. Multimedia presentation and book signing, New Day Campaign Event, “Just Breathe: Alternate Paths to Healing Trauma”, Concerted Care Group, 428 E. 25th St.
MANASSAS, VA, FRI NOV11, 2- 5 p.m. Reading and book signing, Veteran’s day Celebration, Hylton Center for the Performing Arts, George Mason University, 10960 George Mason Dr.
HOUSTON, TX, MON NOV 14, 10-11 a.m. Performance and book signing, “The Green Road: Healing via the Arts and Nature”, HealthcareDesign 2017 Conference, George R. Brown Convention Center, Houston.
Medic Against Bomb Events, October-December, 2015
MANASSAS, VA- SUN OCT 11, 1 p.m.- 6 p.m. Book signing and featured panelist at “In the Company of Laureates”. “Words of War” panel is from 2-3 pm. Hylton Center for the Performing Arts,, 10960 George Mason Circle.
HUNT VALLEY, MD- SAT OCT 17 , 1- 2 p.m. Performance and book signing at Greetings and Readings Bookstore, Hunt Valley Town Centre, 118-AA Shawan Rd.
ELLICOTT CTY, MD- TUES OCT 20, 7-8 p.m. Performance and book signing, Little Patuxent Review Poetry event, Miller Branch Library, 9421 Frederick Rd.
BALTIMORE, MD- FRI NOV 6, 9 A.M.- 4 P.M. Performance and book signing, “Women Veterans Invisible No More (www.WVUCINC.org)”, Baltimore War Memorial, 101 North Gay St.
BALTIMORE, MD- THURS NOV 19, 6.30-8.30 p.m. Performance and book signing,, “Read Write, and Heal” event of the New Day Campaign (see www.newdaycampaign.org). At The Institute for Integrative Health, 1407 Fleet St.
BALTIMORE, MD– SAT DEC 12, 3-4 p.m.. Performance and book signing, New Day Campaign Book Club (www.newdaycampaign.org), MICA Place, 814 N. Collington Ave.
Medic Against Bomb Events, May- June 2015
BALTIMORE, MD: Reading and book signing. SAT 4 APR 2015,2 p.m.- 4 p.m. LitMore Literary Arts Center, 3326 Keswick Rd.
MINNEAPOLIS MN: Book table and signings. Association of Writers and Writing Programs (AWP) National Convention. Signings on 9 and 10 APR, 1 p.m.-2 p.m. Table 1754 (Warrior Poetry Project/ Green Road). See firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ANNAPOLIS, MD: reading and book signing, SUN 12 APR, 10.15 a.m.- 11.15 a.m., Sunday Forum, St. Margaret’s Episcopal Church, 1601 Pleasant Plains Rd.
- ANNAPOLIS, MD: Reading, open workshop, and book signing. SAT 18 APR, 9.30 a.m.- 2 p.m.Unitarian Universalist Church (UUCA) Sanctuary, 333 Dubois Rd.
- LA PLATA, MD: College of Southern Maryland (CSM) Literary Reading Series, FRI 24 APRIL , 2015, 7.30p.m.- 9.30 p.m., LR building (CSM La Plata campus library, lower level), room 102. CSM, 8730 Mitchell Rd.
- KENSINGTON, MD: Book fair table and book signing. SUN 26 APR, 9 a.m.- 4 p.m. Kensington Day of the Book, Medic Against Bomb/ Green Road table. email@example.com
- BETHESDA, MD: Warrior Poetry Project open workshops and Warrior Arts Café. 2nd AND 3rd WED of each month. WED 8 APR, 15 APR, 5.30 p.m.- 9 p.m., Alfio’s Restaurant, 4515 Willard Ave., Chevy Chase, MD. See schedule at www.warriorpoetryproject.com, or query Fred.Foote@comcast.net.
February- March 2015
- ROCHESTER, NY: Writers and Books, 740 University Ave. WED 4 FEB 2015, 6.30 p.m.- 8.30 p.m.
- CHANTILLY, VA: Fairfax County Public Schools STEM-H EXPO. SAT 21 FEB 2015, 10 a.m.- 1 p.m., Chantilly High School. Table exhibit and breakout session. See http://www.fcps.edu/cco/pubs/myfcps/family/2015_02_11/stemhexpo15.shtml for schedule.
- BALTIMORE, MD: LitMore Literary Arts Center, 3326 Keswick Rd. SUN 22 FEB, 2015, 2 p.m.- 4 p.m.
- FORT BELVOIR, VA: The Fairfax, 9002 Belvoir Woods Pkwy (Main Auditorium), TUES 24 FEB, 2015, 7 p.m.- 8.30 p.m.
- LA PLATA, MD: College of Southern Maryland (CSM) Literary Reading Series, FRI 6 MARCH, 2015, 7.30p.m.- 9.30 p.m., CSM Student Center, 8730 Mitchell Rd.
- COLUMBIA, MD: Columbia Arts Salon series. MON 9 MARCH, 2015, 7 p.m.- 9 p.m. Columbia Art Center,6100 Foreland Garth.
- GAITHERSBURG, MD: Pax Christi Forum on “Our Soldiers and Veterans”. THURS 12 MARCH, 6 p.m.- 8 p.m., St. Rose of Lima Catholic Church, 11701 Clopper Rd.
- CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA: The Virginia Festival of the Book (www.vabook.org). Reading and book signing FRI 20 MARCH, noon- 1 p.m. Book Fair table exhibit SAT 21 MARCH, 10 a.m. -6 p.m. See Festival website for event locations.
- NAVAL SUPPORT ACTIVITY, BETHESDA, MD: Reading and book signing at Bethesda Navy Exchange. SAT 28 MARCH, time TBA.
- BETHESDA, MD: Warrior Poetry Project open workshops and Warrior Arts Café. 2nd AND 3rd WED of each month. WED 11 FEB, 18 FEB, 11 MARCH, 18 MARCH, 5.30 p.m.- 9 p.m., Alfio’s Restaurant, 4515 Willard Ave., Chevy Chase, MD. See schedule at www.warriorpoetryproject.com, or query Fred.Foote@comcast.net.
Medic Against Bomb Launch Events September - December, 2014
- BALTIMORE, MD: Baltimore Book Fair, noon- 8 p.m. SEPT 26-28 (at Medic Against Bomb/ Green Road Table #P56, by Inner Harbor at Baltimore Marine Center near CityLit Stage). ALL BOOK SALES WILL BENEFIT OUR WOUNDED WARRIORS.
- HARTFORD, CT: Riverwood Poetry Series THURS 11 SEPT, 7 p.m.-9 p.m.
- KENSINGTON, MD: Kensington Row Poetry Series, WED 24 SEPT, 7 p.m.- 9 p.m. Kensington Row Bookshop, 3786 Howard Ave., Kensington MD.
- VIRGINIA BEACH, VA: MON 13 OCT.,6.30 p.m.- 9 p.m. Steinhilber’s Restaurant, 653 Thalia Road, Virginia Beach, VA.
- BALTIMORE, MD: WED 15 OCT, 6.30 p.m.- 9 p.m. The Institute for Integrative Health, 1407 Fleet St., Baltimore, MD.
- BETHESDA, MD: SUN 19 OCT, 2 p.m.-4 p.m. The Writer’s Center, 4508 Walsh St., Bethesda, MD.
- WASHINGTON, DC: TUES 11 NOV, 1.45 p.m.- 2.45 p.m.. U.S. Navy Memorial, 701 Pennsylvania Ave., N.W. Washington, DC.
- CHEVY CHASE, MD: WED 3 DEC, 6 p.m.- 8 p.m. Warrior Arts Café (opening event), Alfio’s Restaurant, 4515 Willard Ave., Chevy Chase MD.
- BETHESDA, MD: SAT 6 DEC, 10 a.m.- 2 p.m. The Writer’s Center Book Fair, 4508 Walsh St., Bethesda, MD